Online training has established itself as one of the best educational methodologies for companies, because it encourages engagement, reduces costs, saves time and guarantees the acquisition of knowledge without any space or time limitations, as long as you have access to the Internet.
E-learning tools must be rigorously selected to be successfully implemented. Subsequently, an internal communication campaign must be added to the process to enable employees to adapt to the new training system. Business managers will be able to follow the process by monitoring the employees’ performance reports in order to generate better feedback.
In short, e-learning in the corporate sector is here to stay, and if you are one of the companies that want to implement this methodology in 2020, the following tips will help you to guarantee success:
1. Select an e-learning platform that adapts to your needs
To begin with, it is essential to select the right e-learning tool for the employees. In this constantly growing market, it is very important to make an arduous study to determine which of the available platforms is the best for your company’s needs.
Among the main features that any e-learning platform should have this 2020, we have:
- Unlimited online classes for all employees.
- A profile for each student that allows the employee to have a digital identity with personalized access to the platform.
- Dynamic reports that allow a detailed evaluation and follow up of the development of the employees during the training courses.
- Own or adaptable LMS to manage the employee learning process.
- Updated content that includes market trends, such as, videos-learning, gamification, and experiential learning.
- Responsive design to access the platform from different devices: tablet, mobile, laptop, etc.
2. Implement the new training system
Once you have the platform in the company you must make sure to implement the system correctly. The entire process needs to be planned, from data transfer, through technical and usage details by department, to launch and implementation across the company.
Enough time must be dedicated to this phase for the implementation plan to be successful.
Some e-learning platforms have assistance from the sales department, which is very useful for fine-tuning details for the launch and subsequent use of the platform.
3. Communicate to employees how they should use the platform
Once the platform is working properly, it is time to select and communicate which courses employees should take according to their job position. It is important to make sure everyone understands how the tool works. To customize the process, it is advisable to have learning pathways that adapt the training to the objectives of each professional.
Once the employees are familiar with the platform, it is important to reward the level of participation of the employees, sharing the ranking in a team meeting with positive feedback is a good option.
4. Analyze the performance of your employees
From the reports generated by the e-learning platform, you can access the data and details on the training development of employees.
Once the information has been collected, you will be able to generate feedback sessions based on the objectives achieved and points for improvement. The sessions will help you to further increase employee engagement throughout the learning process.
Promoting the right e-learning platform in your company will improve your employees’ skills and knowledge, increasing their performance and facilitating their training. What are you waiting for to incorporate e-learning in your company? if you haven’t done it yet.