Merchants, our serious game on negotiation and conflict resolution, recently took home the gold medal at the International Serious Play Awards 2020 in the category for corporate training video games.
Each year, the International Serious Play Awards recognize excellence in serious games and simulators that promote learning in various fields.
A high-quality serious game focused negotiation skills
Merchants uses a realistic simulator to recreate 6 “real-life” situations that give students the opportunity to practice negotiating, making proposals, and resolving conflicts –all with instant feedback.
Merchants dazzled judges with its:
- advanced simulator that lets students practice what they learn first-hand and receive instantaneous feedback.
- quality content that’s applicable in employees’ day-to-day lives both in and out of the office.
- gamified elements that focus on high player engagement (levels, rankings, badges, storytelling, etc.)
Merchants takes players to 15th century Venice for a one-of-a-kind adventure in negotiation.
- Build confidence and hone your skills with 6 realistic negotiation cases.
- Understand why it’s important to take the other party’s interests and goals into consideration.
- Learn techniques to increase bargaining power and build successful long-term partnerships.
- Learn how to make proposals that allow each party to come out satisfied.
- Develop the tools to get more out of an agreement.
Find this serious game on Gamelearn’s online platform in English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Chinese, and Portuguese. The whole platform is could-based so with your subscription, all you need is internet access.
The International Serious Play Awards 2020
Every year since 2009, the Serious Play Conference recognizes new and interesting developments in the world of serious games. Speakers come to share their experiences in education alongside editors, academics, game designers, and companies involved in game-based learning across multiple industries.
This year, because of the Coronavirus, the conference had to be moved online. Even so, more than 100 speakers came to share their experiences in our industry, which is pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in corporate training and online education. Additionally, more than 35 awards were given in a variety of categories of serious games.
- State, government, and military
- Pre-school education
- K-12 education
- Higher education
The International Serious Play Awards 2020 is where creativity, innovation, and new technology meet, and it’s awards are a measuring stick for where the industry is and where it can go in the future. Attendees come to be inspired, learn together, and take serious games to the next level. We’re honored to participate and have our game be recognized.