5 software programs that will help you improve cybersecurity
2020 was a year that fueled many changes within organizations. Remote work became standard and brought with it an increase in users’ interest in cybersecurity to protect themselves online.
Millions of people use the internet every day and Ponemon Institute estimates that:
“84% of companies will increase their investment in cybersecurity over the next three years, and will allocate at least 10% of their IT budget to it.”
With the rise in concern for computer security, we’ve compiled some of the best tools that can help you better protect yourself on the internet here:
1. Orca Security
Orca Security is a software program that allows you to protect more than 100 technology assets in the cloud, making it easier for programs such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services to do their jobs well.
With this tool you can:
- Identify malicious programs (malware).
- Recognize vulnerabilities.
- Evaluate weak passwords.
- Organize risks according to their characteristics.
- Receive alerts about useful resources.
- Access your data through a friendly user interface.
In addition, all data collected in the cloud can be easily exported and shared with others, a functionality that users often highlight.
2. Netacea Bot Management
This cloud solution protects websites, mobile apps, and other programming interfaces (APIs) from a variety of online threats. It has a real-time tracking system and uses machine learning to analyze which users are people and which are bots.
Among the most interesting features we have:
- Prohibit access to malicious profiles.
- Facilitate access to people, search engines, and affiliate bots.
- Analysis based on the website or web application’s reputation.
- Data breakdown.
- Information about threats or possible cyberattacks.
3. Netwrix Auditor
Netwrix is a centralized auditing software specialized in identifying potential cybersecurity vulnerabilities. It includes early threat alerts, frequent risk assessment, and data classification process automation.
Many companies perform internal and external audits with tools such as this one, as it allows you to:
- Achieve regulatory compliance.
- Improve safety.
- Minimize IT risks.
- Collect all your information in one place.
4. SolarWinds Security Event Manager
This tool allows you to continuously monitor the system to detect any type of network intrusions. When a notification is detected, it’s shared in real-time.
The application is cloud-based so you can easily access reports. The data it collects is also stored on a distributed system, avoiding the risk of easily losing it.
SolarWinds Security Event Manager offers a wide variety of data, so the challenge is to collect what’s most important on your dashboard to simplify security management without losing sight of operational results.
5. Bitdefender Total Security
Bitdefender Total Security is an antivirus that offers cross-platform protection and adapts to different users, from professionals to small and large companies. They are committed to innovating every year and update their product’s latest version available on the market to prevent fraud, malware, spam, phishing, and other types of cyberattacks.
The following features are the current highlights:
- Real-time data protection.
- Automatic updates.
- Different modes (work, game, movies, and battery).
- Parental controls and online banking.
- Password manager.
- Protection on social networks and against cyberattacks.
- File encryption.
- Cyberattack recovery system.